Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Week Eight: Reading Review Week

I have learned that it is easier to focus on a few stories rather than focus on all the stories. For the longest time, I would write a review over each story in the book. Now that I write about a few key stories, I really enjoy the material more. Also, I like taking notes as I go versus waiting until I finish all the reading. I do like to read but not the genre used in this course. This genre is nice but I would not like to read it for pleasure. I enjoy stories that have a little more drama or suspense. For future students, I would suggest that they work ahead of time. Commit to a certain amount of hours a day.

True Friendship

A story that I have really enjoyed this semester is The Woman, the Ape, and the Child. I appreciated the length of this story and its storyline. It was a great story. I could definitely see it as a movie.

2 comments:

  1. I also like to take notes as I go. I find it a very efficient use of my time. On top of that, just like you, at the beginning of the semester I tried to write about each story within the section then started to just choose a couple. Like you said, I can enjoy the reading a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chandler, that's a good idea for how to follow through with the stories you are writing about. This way you can keep track of the stories you are reading, and then are able to take better notes to write more detailed posts about the stories. I may have to try the way you go through reading the stories, because I read each story one at a time and seem to usually become overwhelmed by the amount of stories I have to read and then the writing that follows that.

    ReplyDelete