Sunday, January 11, 2015

Exploring the UnTextbook

I am a little nervous about this assignment because I am probably going to change my mind a billion times. So far, I have chosen...

West African Folktales
During an intercession course, I took an African Dance course and really enjoyed it. I quickly learned that those of the African culture have a story/lesson behind their music, clothing, and etc.

Bible Women
Being a female, I can learn a lot from the women of the Bible. I think this would be great exploration for me.

Myths of the Cherokee
This would be really interesting because they are all animal stories. Hopefully, choosing this will help me better understand the Cherokee culture.

Italian Popular Tales
Once again, I love romance. The Italian stories will provide all the romance stories I crave. The artwork for this book makes me think of a writer that spent the winter type writing about his summer fling.


Thomas Frederick Crane (1885)

No comments:

Post a Comment