Sunday, January 11, 2015

Storybook Favorites

I have chosen the storybook Cupid on Trial. I love love! The idea of romance or two people falling in love is just wonderful. Also, I love suspense. The fact that Cupid is on trial is a great plot twist. Can you tell that I like to  watch televisions shows such as: Scandal, Castle, How to Get Away with Murder, and CSI: Miami? Similar to the introduction, many people blame Cupid for not having a successful relationship or someone that is not even interested in them.  Hopefully, writing about this will give me ideas on making the upcoming Valentine's Day exciting!

The next storybook that I looked at was Cinderella...or whatever her name was. First, I pretty sure that everyone from there to here and back know the story of Cinderella. Cinderella is equivalent to cereal. Everyone has heard of cereal. Lol. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating. My point is that the title of this storybook made me laugh! SN: I would have greatly appreciated an all expenses paid trip to see the Cinderella Broadway show with KeKe Palmer and NeNe Leakes. I agree with Melissa Schwartz, the author of this particular storybook, that "there are so many versions".

The last storybook that I have chosen is Fairy Tales: The Other Side because of its title too. I want to hear the antagonist side of the story! I am very understanding of both sides, right or wrong. The Three Little Pigs story was really entertaining. I also appreciated the cliff hanger at the end of this storybook! As far as illustration or pictures, the picture of Snow White being arrested was funny. When I think of fairy tales, I do not think of the characters being arrested in real life.


Snow White's Arrest

I love to read! When I go to Barnes & Noble, I usually pick book by their titles. All of these storybooks grasped my attention by their titles. Looking into these deeper was a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment