Friday, February 13, 2015

Essay: Ryder's Panchatantra

I really did enjoy this unit, Ryder's Panchatantra. It was very easy to read and understand. My favorite stories were The Sensible Enemy and The Foolish Friend. 

When I read stories for this course, I try to find the lesson in the story. I always try to relate it to reality in some shape or form, so that, I can better understand the true meaning of the story. I try to apply this practice to everything that I do in life. 

I feel like The Sensible Enemy and The Foolish Friend could both be used to understand each other. The sensible enemy became a friend to the three boys, after sacrificing himself first. I know that sounds crazy because he had negative and harmful intentions. The foolish friend obviously really cared for the king and it seems that the three boys really wanted someone who cared for them. 

I am not sure that I had a least favorite story from this unit. This unit was really good. I actually enjoyed reading the stories. I am not sure of any other background information that could have been provided. When I read stories, I do not necessarily look for any background informaton. I just read. 

For this course, I would appreciate units that are entertaining and do not feel like I am reading for class. This unit achieved that goal for me. Also, I liked the length of the stories in this unit. The lengths were short but not too short. I am a very "get to the point" person. I do not write with much detail. These stories provided a lot of detail but still got the point across. 

After reading this unit, I want to continue reading all the units from beginning to end. I know that I have struggled with working ahead in this course but this unit has spiked my interest in other units. 

Source: Panchatantra.org

No comments:

Post a Comment