Monday, February 23, 2015

Week Seven: Reading Diary A

This week I have chosen to read The Monkey King Sun Wu Kung unit. I really like how the unit explained the Monkey King's life from his birth and so on. In week six, I noticed that many classmates chose to do their storytelling on Handsome King of Apes, which is why I chose this particular unit. This story reminds me of a quote that I have seen on numerous occasions but never really focused on its true meaning. The quote says something like "if an egg is cracked, then life has ended; but if the egg is cracked from within, then life has begun." I am not sure where this quote comes from besides social media. Another story that I really liked was Sun Wu Kung Gets His Name. I like to think of my name as my identity. I couldn't imagine  not having an identity. I think him getting his name was truly the beginning for him.

The young king

No comments:

Post a Comment