Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 5: Reading Diary B: Panchatatra

Myth-Folklore Unit: Panchatatra

Right-Mind and Wrong-Mind
I really like the stories that have a story within the story. I think it makes it more believable. It's somewhat like watching a movie. It is unfortunate the Wrong-Mind was willing to involve his father in his wrong doing. 

The Mice that Ate Iron
Being greedy gets you nowhere in life. I believe in Karma. What goes around comes around. Laksham should have known that his lie about the mice would not work. I do like how Naduk secretly got Money-God to leave the house. That was very clever. In the end, it worked out best for both of them.

The Sensible Enemy
The enemy knew that no good would come from his evil thoughts. He would rather sacrifice himself for having bad intentions rather than have three young boys killed. At least, he came to his senses and did not remain evil spirited. 

The Foolish Friend
You have to be careful who you associate yourself with. It's best to hang out with others that have similar values such as: lifetime goals, manners, education, and etc. If not, you will find yourself in a situation like the King. 

How the Rabbit Fooled the Elephant
I appreciate that the king had compassion for the thirsty elephants. Most king have been known to only worry about themselves. There is a proverb for everything. The rabbits name was Victory and he achieved just that.  

The Cat's Judgement
I think the Crow should have spoken up for his friend, the partridge. I know he was sad and believed he would never come back, but I still wouldn't want someone to occupy my friends home. The rabbit should have just moved. He had not been there long enough to become upset about it. I think the cat is a great soul for not wanting to eat any of them. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The sneaky cat was not nice.

The Brahman's Goat
Do as you will. There are many speed bumps in life but you have to stick to your first plan. Many others will come and try to ruin what you have only because they want what you have. The three men were wise enough to fool the Brahman and get what they want. 

Mouse-Maid Made Mouse
This was a very interesting story. I really like this unit.

The Loyal Mongoose
At first, I thought it was crazy that she mothered a mongoose. I realized she took care of it like it was her own. I am a little slow sometimes. Lol. Mothers have to be everything in the household. That is why it's true that the woman wears the pants.

Thirst Elephants and Rabbits



No comments:

Post a Comment