Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Week Six: Reading Diary B


I feel sorry for the Ram, Lightening. No one should ever be so angry that there anger destroys the peacefulness of others. Especially, a child. The king did right to make them live far away in the sky. The poor mother needs a husband that can help raise her son to be a respectable man.

The chief was completely wrong for shooting them with a bow and arrow. I think the leader should have found a better way to put an end to the fighting. That was an amateur decision.

The Cock Who Caused a Fight Between Two Towns
Jealousy is such a cruel thing. It causes more issues than what seem to exist. The half-brothers should know to trust each other. Friends should never come between family members. I am glad that everything ended well. I am sad that many men died and the cock was killed.

The Affair of the Hippopotamus and the Tortoise
Poor king hippo. The tortoise cheated and that is not fair. I think a better way to go about the situation would be to genuinely get to know the king. The king was willing to feed the people in his own home. I don't think he was too worried about everyone knowing misname but more worried about them actually caring about him.

Why Dead People are Buried
This story is very interesting. It can be interpreted so many ways. Today, a dog is known as a man's best friend. I feel like it is because the dog is loyal; therefore, I am sure that the dog would have given the word correctly. I guess he did but the sheep beat him to the delivery.

Of the Fat Woman Who Melted Away
This story is too comical for me. Lol. Why would someone want to marry a woman that is made of oil. How do you have feelings for oil like that? Once again, one's jealousy ruined the happiness of someone else. At least, the husband did the right thing by returning the jealous wife to her parents.

Why the Moon Waxes and Wanes
This is another great story. I really enjoy this unit. This would be another story to tell children that ask a million questions. Lol. The poor woman was too greedy. She didn't care about the moon. She only cared about herself.

How the Tortoise Overcame the Elephant and the Hippopotamus
Another cunning character. The tortoise was too clever for the elephant and the hippopotamus. Why couldn't he just go to work like everyone else? Also, why would he want to be separated from his son. I realized that this unit highlights the selling or sacrificing of children.

The King and the 'Nsiat Bird
I have always wondered why some birds insist on invading town. For example, the birds at Sooner Fashion Mall are everywhere. I like the explanation for the birds being everywhere humans are.

Concerning the Hawk and the Owl
I agree with the hawk's friend about others that do not make much noise. I watch a lot of crime and drama shows such as: Castle, Lifetime, CSI:Miami, and Fatal Attraction. The person that is always guilty is the one that does not make a scene. I am very mindful of people that are very quiet in a room or try very hard not to be noticed.

The 'Nsasak Bird and the Odudu Bird
Why must we deceive our friends? I guess it is an "every man for himself" kind of world. I commend the Odudu bird for being honest. He is the true winner. Unfortunately, he starved to death and then his remains were eaten.

The Election of the King Bird
I like that Essiya did not feel the need to possess many slaves. As humans, we do not think that slavery exist for the animals too. The eagle is the definition of a true leader. A leader that is respectable doesn't have anything to prove.

African Fish Eagle




No comments:

Post a Comment