Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Week Five: Reading Diary A

Mythlore-Folklore Unit: Ryder's Panchatantra

Introduction
I think that it is crazy for someone to make a promise like Vishnusharman. On the other hand, it is a good thing that Vishnusharman had enough faith in himself to make such a promise. Those that learn from a master that is passionate about what they are teaching will prosper.

Numskull and the Rabbit
This story is a prime example of how people can get so big headed. The poor Numskull was too full of himself that he didn't have any mercy on the other animals.

The Ungrateful Man
The Ungrateful man was a man of judgement. He judged each character and did not seem to look at himself with such judgement. I do like this story because it proves that when you do things out of the kindness of your heart, everything will work out in your favor. Even if harms finds you, you will be okay.

The Plover Who Fought the Ocean
I'm not really sure how I feel about this story. I am somewhat confused on it's purpose and/or point. Hopefully, the next story will help me better understand.

Forethought, Ready-Wit, and Fatalist
I see that the wife tells stories that need another story for the previous story to make sense. I like that she has so much wisdom to share with her husband. The husband is a good character and keeps the story alive.

The Duel Between Elephant and Sparrow
It's crazy how people can come together to help someone. "Like a good neighbor..." I love that commercial. It's also crazy how one person's misfortune can cause so much for everyone else.

The Shrewed Old Gander
I know many times that I did not listen to what my mother said. I'm not sure why I didn't listen. I do know that she was always right and I had to find that out the hard way. Unfortunately, that only makes one back track with things. Always listen to the wise. They have most likely been through it.

The Lion and the Ram
The lion is the king of the jungle! He is almighty. Overall, other animals know that but the lion can sometimes think differently.

The Beauty of Elephants


No comments:

Post a Comment